Tracy, Katie, Christiane and myself were in the Arlington church while it was raining. Out of nowhere a horrific sound came from outside and we immediately knew what it was. I looked down and Pharaoh was there. He was trying to run away, as he was always very frightened by storms. I reached down and picked him up because he was trying to run away.

We scrambled around and couldn't find a place that we felt was safe from the tornado. Katie and Christiane started running up the stairs and I told them that higher ground was not safe in tornadoes. I started running toward the back door to look and see if the tornado was even coming close to us. By the time I reached the door it had calmed outside.

As I opened the door dad was standing directly outside, soaking wet. He had been jogging out on the highway when the tornado hit. He explained that it landed out on the service road and went parallel to the church. It was a very small tornado, just a few feet in diameter. I put Pharaoh down and turned to the hallway to my right. There I found mom and Katie with Sadie. The metal crate that Sadie sleeps in was in the hallway and Katie was inside the crate cleaning it.