A neatly tied noose made from silk rope. Not a luxury was spared. The ivory inlaid chair back dug into my skin giving a gentle reminder of the "finer" days. Sitting in the chair holding the knot I can't help but wonder if it's been worth it. A silk rope wouldn't burn my skin nearly as bad as normal rope. Would it be like drifting to sleep? Would I change my mind? Would I thrash? It would have to be easier than falling asleep at night. Mr. Sandman, bring me a dream. Make it the sweetest that I've ever seen.

Who would miss me? There would surely be tears but I wouldn't be there to taste them. The real question was if I would miss it? What would I miss? Who would I miss? Would I miss the ivory chairs or the flesh of my wife? How badly would it hurt? Would I regret it? Obviously not after a few minutes. But the first minute or two. That is the question. After kicking the ivory bastard from beneath me would I immediately stop and smile or try to pull myself up to relieve the silk from my neck? Could my shoulder handle it if I wanted to bail? I can raise my arm above my head now but how much could I lift? I can hardly lift myself up when fully healthy so surely I would fail.

"Tshh Tshhh Tshhh" her hand tells me. "What are you doing? Why are you squeezing me with your body?" I ask.